Position Description: The primary responsibility of a Full Time Team Associate at Certified is to provide first class, outstanding, service to every customer. The Full Time Team Associate is responsible for following company policy and procedures. The Full Time Team Associate is also responsible for carrying out his or her job in an honest and ethical manner, complying with all laws and regulations, and all company requirements.
Customer Service: Including greeting every customer in a prompt and welcoming manner, offering and providing assistance, suggestive selling, following Certified policies/procedures to properly check identification (I.D.’s) when selling age restricted products ie: Alcohol and Tobacco, and offering a Thank You to every customer.
Operating POS (Point of Sale) Register/Gasoline Console/Scanner: Including properly authorizing and controlling gas sales, accurately scanning (where applicable) and registering all transactions, handling coins, currency, checks, food stamps, EBT Cards and making change.
Stocking and Merchandising: Including stocking and facing shelves, displays and coolers. Maintaining proper Coffee and Food Service levels determined by the shift you are assigned. Properly rotating merchandise and checking code dates.
Security: Including maintaining a constant awareness of all persons in the Store as well as on the Lot, controlling cash levels in the register by adhering to company policy “cash safe drops”, complying with procedures for Vendor Check-In and following all procedures in the Tobacco/Alcohol Management program.
Maintenance: Including maintaining the Store and Lot in a safe, clean and organized manner, cleaning store equipment, monitoring cooler and freezer temperatures and reporting any maintenance issues to supervisor accurately and promptly.
Clocking In and Out of Shift: It is the responsibility of the Store Associate to properly clock-in at time of shift start and to clock-out at shift end time.
Additional Duties: Within the limits of Company Policies and Procedures all activities required for first class – outstanding customer service, safe and efficient store operations, rules and regulations compliance and company profitability.
- Ability to speak, hear and understand spoken or written English well enough to communicate efficiently with customers.
- Ability to see well enough to operate all store equipment, including POS terminal/register, gasoline console, credit card imprinter, EBT equipment, check machine, check identification documents and to read store manuals.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions for store equipment and to operate all store equipment.
- Ability to handle coins, currency, checks, coupons, food stamps, credit cards and EBT Cards, recognize and understand denominations and accurately make change.
- Ability to recognize and understand numerals, count and do math well enough to complete required records.