Position Description: The Store Manager at Certified is a customer service specialist and must assure first-class, outstanding service to every customer either personally or through the Store’s Team Associates. This includes both direct services to customers as well as maintaining excellent store conditions. The Store Manager assures the safe and efficient operation of the Store, while complying with and applying all laws and regulations, and all company policies, procedures and requirements. Store Managers must be legally qualified under applicable state laws to conduct all sales transactions including alcohol and tobacco sales. The Store Manager is responsible for carrying out his or her job in an honest and ethical manner. Store Managers are full-time employees, required to work a minimum of five (5) shifts per week inclusive of alternating shifts. Store Managers must have the flexibility to work weekdays as well as weekends and if necessary any shift.
These Functions are vital components of the Store Manager position. The ability to perform these functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, is essential for an individual to be a Store Manager.
Outstanding Customer Service: Including to make sure every customer is greeted in a prompt and welcoming manner, offering and providing assistance, suggestive selling, following Certified policies/procedures to properly check identification (I.D.’s) when selling age restricted products i.e.: Alcohol and Tobacco, and make sure every customer receives a Thank You. Seek an immediate and positive resolution to customer complaints and/or issues.
Managing Employees: Including assigning and monitoring duties and job performance, train and monitor associates on customer service skills and suggestive selling techniques, administer associate counseling/recognition as needed, train Assistant Manager, directly train or oversee the training of Team Associates, recommend associates for promotions, re-assignment, suspensions or terminations; enforce compliance by associates to all company policies, procedures and requirements as well as all state and federal laws; and investigate and resolve associate complaints or conflicts.
Store Staffing: Interview potential Store Associates and report out to District Manager to schedule second interview. Determine the most efficient use of authorized labor hours and schedule associates accordingly and assign job duties.
Financial Reporting: Prepare, analyze, and transmit store operating results; prepare and deliver daily bank deposits according to company’s funds handling policy and procedure; monitor competitor’s activities as to pricing, merchandising, advertising, etc. and recommend responsive action to company management.
Inventory Control: Maintain adequate store merchandise levels at all times; accurately record all store sales transactions, vendor transactions, ordering and pricing of merchandise; maintain and analyze shift analysis reports and End of Day reports produced by the P.O.S. and computer; and prepare special reports or analysis as assigned by company management.
Operating POS (Point of Sale) Register/Gasoline Console/Scanner: Including properly authorizing and controlling gas sales, accurately scanning (where applicable) and registering all transactions, handling coins, currency, checks, food stamps, EBT Cards and making change.
Stocking and Merchandising: Building store sales by assuring properly stocking and facing shelves, displays and coolers. Establish and monitor proper Coffee and Food Service levels. Rotating merchandise and checking code dates. Building displays, pricing and merchandising products.
Maintenance: Including maintaining the Store and Lot in a safe, clean and organized manner, cleaning store equipment, monitoring cooler and freezer temperatures and promptly reporting all maintenance issues.
Additional Functions: Within the limits of Company Policies and Procedures all activities required for first class – outstanding customer service, safe and efficient store operations and company profitability, whether by assigned by company management or initiated by you within the limits of company policy.
- Ability to speak, hear and understand spoken or written English well enough to communicate efficiently with customers.
- Ability to see well enough to operate all store equipment, including POS terminal/register, gasoline console, credit card imprinter, EBT equipment, check machine, check identification documents and to read store manuals.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions for store equipment and to operate all store equipment.
- Ability to handle coins, currency, checks, coupons, food stamps, credit cards and EBT Cards, recognize and understand denominations and accurately make change.
- Ability to recognize and understand numerals, count and do math well enough to complete required records.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to cold and/or warm temperatures.
- Ability to operate a computer with understanding of Word and Excel programs.
- Ability to understand instructions, train team associates, enforce company directives, motivate and lead team associates in a positive manner.